One bird singing back to another because it can’t not.
—Jane Hirshfield, from “All Day The Difficult Waiting”, in Come, Thief (via the-final-sentence)
Can you imagine Harry trying to parent his children and tell them they need to settle down but then James Sirius just pulls out his edition of Harry James Potter: A History and goes, “When you were my age you followed an alleged mass murderer into a tunnel, faced a werewolf and nearly got killed by dementors. I think I can go to The Bent-Winged Snitches concert.”
Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.
- rowena: i'm looking over the plans
- godric: yeah
- rowena: what's this weird series of rooms accessible only by a hatch in a room on the right hand side of the third floor corridor
- godric: oh that's for if we ever need to hide a priceless artifact for some reason
- rowena: why would we hide a priceless artifact in a school
- godric: safest place
- rowena: fucking is it though?? there's a giant snake somewhere
- [in the distance]
- salazar: there's no snake you are wrong stop being wrong